Friday, March 9, 2012

Back to blogging and ditching it all!

After a long break and some chaos in my train of thought I am back in full force. I came to the realization that a "rigorous" classical education is not what 2 of my kids can handle. I also learned that I was doing more stressing, more planning, and more yelling. Where is the love of homeschooling when the days are long and frustrating?? I was trying to piece together so many different things I was just not able to keep my sanity or focus. Solution? Oak Meadow.
Oak Meadow is  more relaxed curriculum that is all laid out for me and will get the job done while not sucking the life out of us. I am adding in Phonics Road(for now) for the grammar/writing tweak and we will continue with Meet the Masters and our current math/science. I also have Big Mac starting on IEW History based lessons to get her into more writing. I will see where OM takes us drop the writing from one of them if it gets to be too much.
Anyway, having spent last week in Disney and then coming home to order new curriculum...well we did little this week other than math and reading. I am all set for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment