Thursday, October 28, 2010

Diving into blogging! Our first 2 months!

Whether this gets read by the outside world is a bonus at this point! I am starting this to simply track our progress and try to keep sight of the prize at the end of this homeschooling road! Years ago I thought homeschool families were just plain odd and unsocialized. Now I feel like I need to be in charge of what my kids learn and I have gotten tired of all the excuses for sub par teachers. Why accept that? Why chalk up a whole year of your child's life to a "learning experience"? For me the desire to teach is there so it was a no brainer to pull my girls out of a bad situation. The older boys are happy with public school as they will remain there as long as they want to. As for the little boys...well I am not sure what they will do. My current plan is to keep the youngest 4 out of school until college. Am I nuts? Sure. Can I do it? Sure, why not? I am smart, motivated, and passionate about them getting a better education than what is offered in public schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment