Sunday, April 22, 2012

Magic Schoolbus Kits-Going Green

I cannot say how much I love these kits! I am not a sciency person who just can't wait to do experiments. These very affordable kits are absolutely the best thing for a person like me. There is something in there for all of the kids to learn. This past week we ventured into the Going Green kit.
We started by setting up our compost tube that we need to observe for the next few months.
It will be interesting to see the process as we are unable to see into our large composter out back.













Then we moved on the paper making activity which wasn't as green as it should have been since we had to rip up perfectly good construction paper since they didn't want it to look like newspaper. Now that I think of it, I am not sure how that is even considered a green activity in the end since you use quite a bit of water and electric. Oh well.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment